Amazon Web Services CloudFormation templates, generated with Python!
Where to get it¶
- easy_install cfn-pyplates
- pip install cfn-pyplates
pyplates are intended to be used with the Amazon Web Services CloudFormation service. If you’re already a CloudFormation (CFN) user, chances are good that you’ve already come up with fun and interesting ways of generating valid CFN templates. pyplates are a way to make those templates while leveraging all of the power that the python environment has to offer.
What is a pyplate?¶
A pyplate is a class-based python representation of a JSON CloudFormation template and resources, with the goal of generating cloudformation templates based on input python templates (pyplates!) that reflect the cloudformation template hierarchy.
- Allows for easy customization of templates at runtime, allowing one pyplate to describe all of your CFN Stack roles (production, testing, dev, staging, etc).
- Lets you put comments right in the template!
- Supports all required elements of a CFN template, such as Parameters, Resources, Outputs, etc.)
- Supports all intrinsic CFN functions, such as base64, get_att, ref, etc.
- Converts intuitiviely-written python dictionaries into JSON templates, without having to worry about nesting or order-of-operations issues.